Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Wedding Wishes

Our son 4M got married a week-and-a-half ago (so now we have both a son-in-law AND a daughter-in-law; woo-hoo!).  As part of my toast to the newlyweds, I read this passage from St. John Chrysostom:

-------------------------

“Say to [your wife], ‘Our time here is brief and fleeting, but if we are pleasing to God, we can exchange this life for the Kingdom to come. Then we will be perfectly one, both with Christ and each other, and our pleasure will know no bounds. I value your love above all things, and nothing would be so bitter or painful to me as our being at odds with each other. Even if I lose everything, any affliction is tolerable if you will be true to me.’”

To my son and his bride: Further Up and Further In!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your son, his bride, and to you and Jen.
    Now I find myself reading about St John Chrysotom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! He's a pretty big deal; sort-of the Eastern counterpart to St. Augustine. . .

      Delete
  2. Congrats! I'm happy that folks in your family are tying the knot, after you waited a while! Wishing them a happy and healthy life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! My Step Daughter just got engaged and I'm trying to figure out how I can disappear until after the wedding planning is done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh; you're on the bride's side. . . You poor man. . .

      Delete
  4. How'd I miss this? Congrats Pop-in-law, and best wishes for the young couple!

    ReplyDelete